Safety rules at home, school and around the neighborhood. The Northeast Florida Department of Transportation District Two Community Traffic Safety Program has developed special educational content highlighting traffic safety for children. Materials include the “Safety Town” activity booklet, coloring pages, social media graphics, and videos. View and download the safety resources for free and share with children in your family, classroom or neighborhood.
Traffic Safety Videos for Kids:
Free Traffic Safety Coloring Sheets & Activity Book for Children:
Great Safety Tips for Kids:
Stroll and Roll the Right Way!
- Walk & ride during the day when it is light out.
- Have a buddy with you.
- Don’t enter the road between parked cars.
- Cross the street at a corner or crosswalk.
- Look left, right, & left again before crossing a street.
- Sidewalks are the safest place to walk or ride.
- Wear a helmet every time you bike or skate.
- Ride your bike with the flow of traffic.
- Obey traffic signs & signals.
- Never go up to a car or to someone you don’t know.
- Have a safe place and people you can go to in an emergency.
Traffic Safety Storytime Videos for Children:
It is important to educate children on traffic safety, so we made four traffic safety story time videos. Two of the videos were read by kids, for kids! The books include “Watch Out On the Road,” “Learn About Road Safety,” “Look Left, Look Right, Look Left Again,” and “Franklin Rides a Bike.”