Welcome to our Traffic Safety Talk newsletter – the FDOT District Two Community Traffic Safety Program (CTSP) news and information update. Each issue includes recent projects, community outreach events, and safety campaigns. We discuss Traffic Safety Team materials and resources available for members. Digital flipbooks of the most recent newsletters are available. Additionally, we have included the PDF documents below to view current and past editions.
Current Traffic Safety Talk News Update • August 2023 Flip Book:
In this most recent issue, various topics and projects are highlighted. They include:
- Districtwide Discussions: Electric Mobility Devices and Low-Speed Vehicles
- 2022 Annual Report Available
- Upcoming Child Passenger Safety Week
- Back to School Safety and New Florida Legislation
- Traffic Safety for Kids and Community Outreach
- Connecting with Aging Road Users
- Congrats to the Traffic Safety Challenge Winners
Previous Traffic Safety Talk News Update • June 2023 Flip Book:
June’s newsletter included:
- Hot Topics in District Two: Electric Mobility Devices and Low-Speed Vehicles
- 2022 Crash Facts Available
- Traffic Safety Team Partner and Member Highlights
- Buckling Up Reminders and Materials
- New Country-Styled Buckle Up and Slow Down Message
- Traffic Safety Activity Books for Kids
- Teen Safety Videos for the “100 Deadliest Days”
April 2023 Edition Flip Book:
April’s newsletter included:
- CTSP plays a critical role in community engagement.
- Safety Lane: Districtwide discussions new in 2023.
- Upcoming CTST meetings.
- Traffic Safety Champions since 1994 – new video released for National Volunteer Week.
- Elizabeth De Jesus is a Traffic Safety CHAMPION!
- Highlighting engineering concerns solved in District 2.
- Buckle Up Materials Available for Click It or Ticket!
- Spring mocktail recipes for Cinco De Mayo and Memorial Day holidays.
- New traffic safety activity books and bookmarks are coming soon!
February 2023 Edition Flip Book:
February’s newsletter included:
- Recognizing team members, engineering concerns, and outreach in 2023.
- Upcoming CTST meetings.
- January was Florida’s Move Over awareness month.
- Can you believe it’s been 25 years of “Recipes for the Road”?
- Mocktail recipes trending in the New Year.
- Working with local libraries for over 20 years!
- Occupant protection and child passenger safety remain a priority.
- Walt Duffany is a Traffic Safety CHAMPION!
Staying Positive and Engaged
The landscape of the FDOT District Two CTSP has changed over recent years, with meetings and events held virtually. However, we continue to expand awareness of traffic safety issues and solve local traffic safety concerns throughout our 18-county district in Northeast Florida.
Our focus is reducing crashes, injuries, and fatalities on our roadways as we move toward the goal of Target Zero. CTSP does this through the 4 E’s and more of traffic safety, which includes: engineering, education, enforcement, and emergency medical services. We connect with team members and community partners throughout the year to share important traffic safety information, resources, and strategies.