Welcome to our Traffic Safety Talk newsletter – FDOT District Two Community Traffic Safety Program (CTSP) news and information update. Each issue includes recent projects, community outreach events, and current safety campaigns. We discuss Traffic Safety Team materials and resources available for members. Additionally, we highlight a Traffic Safety Team “Champion” from Northeast Florida.
Here are digital flipbooks of the most recent newsletters. We have included below the PDF documents for you to view and download current and past editions.
Current Traffic Safety Talk News Update • February 2023:
Traffic Safety Talk – February 2023 PDF file
In this most recent issue, various topics and projects are highlighted. They include:
- Recognizing team members, engineering concerns, and outreach in 2023.
- Upcoming CTST meetings.
- January was Florida’s Move Over awareness month.
- Can you believe it’s been 25 years of “Recipes for the Road”?
- Mocktail recipes trending in the New Year.
- Working with local libraries for over 20 years!
- Occupant protection and child passenger safety remain a priority.
- Walt Duffany is a Traffic Safety CHAMPION!
Previous Edition • December 2022:
Staying Positive and Engaged
The landscape of the FDOT District Two CTSP has changed over recent years, with meetings and events held virtually. However, we continue to expand awareness of traffic safety issues and solve local traffic safety concerns throughout our 18-county district in Northeast Florida.
Our focus is reducing crashes, injuries, and fatalities on our roadways as we move toward the goal of Target Zero. CTSP does this through the 4 E’s and more of traffic safety, which includes: engineering, education, enforcement, and emergency medical services. We connect with team members and community partners throughout the year to share important traffic safety information, resources, and strategies.