Seasonal Mocktails, Recipes and Traffic Safety Tips
These delicious nonalcoholic drink mocktails, recipes, and safety tips are part of the Celebrate Safely, Designate a Driver and Recipes for the Road campaigns. The FDOT District Two Community Traffic Safety Program has produced unique mocktails and shared nonalcoholic drinks from local Northeast Florida restaurants and bars since 1997. In 2017, we launched our first recipe videos for the 20th Annual Recipes for the Road edition and celebrated our 25th edition in 2022.
We hope you watch, share, and enjoy our alcohol-free drink recipes, appetizer and meal recipes, and safe ABCs of partying tips below. EVEN ONE DRINK of alcohol can slow your reflexes and reaction time, reduce your ability to see clearly, and makes you less alert. Be a part of a safety culture focused on preventing injuries and fatalities on our roads.
Fall Favorites in Florida are Cool and Refreshing for a Thanksgiving Feast
Nonalcoholic Holiday Recipes for all Special Occasions
Check out our alcohol-free cocktails and food recipes for all the festive holidays and events. We’ve got something for everyone. Sweet Valentine’s Day, spicy Super Bowl Sunday, festive Cinco de Mayo, All-American observation days like Memorial Day, Independence Day / 4th of July, and Labor Day. Don’t forget about spooky Halloween, family Thanksgiving or Friends-Giving days, holiday office or neighborhood parties, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.
Party Favorite Food Recipes
Favorite Florida Recipes and Refreshments
Nonalcoholic Halloween-Inspired Drink Recipes
Nonalcoholic beverages are becoming ever more popular. Trendy virgin cocktails are great for office parties, family gatherings, and social events. There are health benefits to reducing or eliminating alcohol in your diet. Mocktails offer a tasty alternative for designated drivers. Awareness months like Sober October and Dry January promote this healthier lifestyle.
All American Alcohol-Free Drinks Perfect for Spring and Summer Holidays, Events, and BBQs
The A.B.C. Recipe for Hosting a Safe Party
A – Alcohol Awareness
- Always serve food with alcoholic beverages.
- Food slows down the absorption rate of alcohol into the body.
- Offer non-alcoholic beverages.
- Make guests feel welcome, no matter what they choose to drink.
B – Buffet
- Serve protein-rich and starchy foods throughout the evening.
- By eating first, partygoers may drink less, and the food will help slow the absorption of alcohol into their bloodstream.
- As the hour becomes late, put away the alcoholic beverages, but continue to offer a good supply of food.
- Remember, only time will eliminate alcohol from the body.
C – Carpool or Cab
- Encourage family and friends to ride together and have a pre-selected designated driver.
- Provide alternatives for guests who may have had too much to drink.
- Have someone who has not been drinking drive them home.
- Call a cab or ride-share for guests to have a safe ride home.
- Let the person sleep overnight rather than getting in their car while intoxicated.
Recipe Cards and Traffic Safety Tips
Click on the images below to view free downloads to print and share on social media with family and friends! Check out more “Summer Celebrate Safely” recipe cards.
Always Celebrate Safely
Please be responsible! Designate a sober driver or call a cab/rideshare service if you’ve been drinking. If you are hosting a party, offer alcohol-free beverages to guests using these recipe cards and videos!
We produce a Recipes for the Road book each year, available to our communities and online through social media. The alcohol-free recipes are a big hit on Pinterest, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. Many thanks to our CTST Team members, volunteers, and partners who share our passion for reducing alcohol-related traffic crashes and fatalities in our communities!