Share The Road With Bicyclists
“If only I’d been watching for bicyclists.”
With more and more people riding bikes as a means of transportation, exercise and recreation, it’s important for drivers and riders to be extra careful and obey the rules of the road. This safety campaign tip card reminds us there are “No Regrets When You Drive With Care” and when you follow these basic traffic guidelines:
- Share the road with bicyclists.
- Stop before turning right on red.
- Passing bicyclists too closely is dangerous and illegal.
- Focus on the road. Avoid aggressive driving.
- Obey the traffic laws, signals and speed limits
Share The Road
- A SHARROW is a shared-lane marking indicating where a cyclist has the right to ride.
- Give cyclists 3 feet of space when passing.
- Under Florida Law, bicycles have the same rights and responsibilities as motor vehicles.
- Focus on the road and obey the traffic laws, signals and speed limits
RESOURCES – Bicycle Safety Tool Kit
|2010-2014 Bicyclists Crash Facts||2015 Bicycle Crash Facts|
Press Releases and Social Media Messages
|Press Release – Free Safe Bike Riding Clinic for Children||Social Media Messages – Bicycle Safety|
Graphics and Logos