Mobility Week, successfully launched in 2016 in Central Florida, is an annual collection of outreach events intended to bring attention to safe multimodal transportation choices. The success of the Central Florida region in bringing together regional partners to promote the message of safety and multimodal transportation, prompted the expansion of the initiative statewide in 2018.
During Mobility Week, cities, counties, and transportation partner agencies host events to promote transportation choices, highlight transportation achievements, and roll out new initiatives or policies.Click here to find out more about the events and activities from the last three years.
Mobility Week Events in District 2
- Trunk or Treat • Friday, 10/25/19 • 5:30-6:30pm • Pinemount Elementary School, 324 S W Gabriel Pl, Lake City FL 32024
- Alert Tonight Alive Tomorrow • Saturday 10/26/19 • 10:00am-3:00pm • Riverside Arts Market, 715 Riverside Ave., Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Alert Today Alive Tomorrow • Sunday 10/27/19 • 9:00am-1:00pm • Fanzone at TIAA Bank Field, 1 TIAA Bank Field Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32202
- “Mission Orange Vest” Safety + Sharing = Caring! • Wednesday 10/30/19 • 9:00am-11:00am • Cedar Key School, 951 Whiddon Ave., Cedar Key, FL 32625
- Alternative Transportation Day • Wednesday 10/30/19 • All Day! • 76 S. Laura St. Suite 1600, Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Mobility Week 2019 Bike Lane Pavement Design Contest • Friday 11/01/19 • All Day! • Jacksonville Public Library Main, 303 N Laura St. Jacksonville, FL 32202
For event details and partners, please click on this PDF file.
Opportunities to volunteer and support Mobility Week are being added to the FDOT Mobility Week calendar daily. For a complete list of events being planned throughout our District, click here!
Take the Mix-It-Up Challenge
Take the challenge to try a new way to travel during Mobility Week 2019. The Mix-It-Up Challenge is an opportunity to earn rewards for riding transit, biking, walking, carpooling or teleworking.
Click here for more information, transportation choices in District 2 and to take the pledge today!