Our Northeast Florida Traffic Safety Teams want to remind all-terrain vehicle drivers to always follow ATV safety guidelines and Florida law. This year we have had numerous accidents in our communities, especially involving younger drivers on ATVs, resulting in injuries and deaths.
We have created this short video with basic ATV safety rules to share:
ATV Safety Rules:
- Always use personal safety gear.
- Only one person on each ATV.
- Drive an ATV that’s the right size for you.
- Drive off road only – It’s dangerous and against the law to operate an ATV on paved roads or rights of way.
- Keep both hands on the handlebars and both feet on the footrests.
- Adults should supervise riders under 16.
- Be safe and stay focused.
- Only ride when sober.
Vehicles of any type, including ATVs, are not TOYS and should not be treated as such. Click here for our “ATV Off-Road Rules” brochure with more all-terrain vehicle safety tips and Florida law (Florida Statute 316.2074):
Below are some great ATV safety messages, information and activities to download, print and share!